[mythtv-users] problem watching tv - blank screen

james.casbon james.casbon at a4internet.com
Sat Nov 1 12:12:06 EST 2003

Hi,

I have compiled and configured mythtv, populated the database, but when I
click watch tv nothing happens and I get just a blank screen.

I know the tv card works as it can be seen in xawtv, and i have set
permissions so that myth can read from /dev/video.  However, I cant get the
tv to work.  When i click watch tv the system is stable - I can alt-tab to
other windows - and see that two new mythfontend processes seem to be
running, but the screen is just black (no osd) and no kepresses do
anything.

How can I find out what is wrong?  There is no log output.  What is
supposed to be happening? Should myth be launching an external viewer?

thanks,
James