[mythtv-users] SP/DIF users, what audio out cable do I buy?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Nov 1 20:04:42 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 09:16, Drew Bernat wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Romel Llarena wrote:
>
> > Wow, I thought this was going to be a simple step.
> > Connect my SB Audigy card from my MythTV box into my
> > Onkyo 898 receiver. One problem, what cable do I use?
>
> I believe the Audigy has a slightly different connector (1/8th inch
> plug?), but it's the equivalent of an RCA digital output. Check the user's
> guide to be sure, but I think you want an RCA cable with the appropriate
> adapter to fit into the Audigy.

Ran into the same thing with my SBLive 5.1 and my Sony receiver.  I had
tried for *months* to get an optical cable working.  Turns out all I
needed was a digital coax cable (which looks like a single RCA cable).
Connect that to a 1/8 inch mono plug and all was almost well.  In my
case, I ended up having to get a 1/8 inch stereo plug to RCA, then
running one end of the RCA to my receiver.  Voila!

	-I

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com