[mythtv-users] Nivida drivers and mythbackend segfault.

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sun Nov 2 22:10:38 EST 2003

Has anyone else run across this problem?

I have a dual Pentium 2 450MHz as my MythTV box. and I recently
installed the nvidia driver RPMS from Alex's Repository. And when I run
any MythTV application it segfaults.. strace shows it to be something
with libpthread, as it sefaults immediately after loading all the
libraries.  My best guess is this another NPTL related issue with RedHat
9, (oh yeah I'm running RedHat 9).  As when I set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
the binaries load fine, which is the same *fix* I had to apply to get
RPM to run correctly. Is this a Nvidia related issue? or atrpms issue?
I've removed the drivers and switched back to the NV driver so as to get
he system back to recording..

RedHat should have really tested their NPTL stuff a lot more before
making it standard in their distributions..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Home Page <http://urkle.drip.ws/>