[mythtv-users] nuvexport and divx format

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 00:23:48 EST 2003

From: Chris <chris.rickert at mchsi.com>
>This message goes out to Dennis Lou or whomever
>may know more about the
>Divx part of Nuvexport.

At your service.

>In the Divx section of the nuvexport perl
>script, ffmpeg is called and
>it appears it does not have a line for -acodec mp3.
>Can i just add that
>so it forces an mp3 audio stream out.

Yes, but...

>I see on
>ffmpeg's docs that mp3
>is supported under external libraries.  What does
>this mean to joe end
>user.

It means you have to have the compile-time library
and header for LAME installed and you had to have
run ffmpeg's configure script with --enable-mp3lame.

>I actually did change the line in the code and
>ran it.  It tells me i've
>chosen an unsupported audio codec.

You're on the right track.  Looks like perhaps
your ffmpeg doesn't have LAME compiled in.

-Dennis

P.S. On a side note, I think I might have some time
to do a bit more coding again.  I'm thinking that
inside of MythTV, it basically has ffmpeg minus
the front end (libavcodec/libavformat) so why not
have mythtranscode do the conversion internally?
Given the current state of mythtranscode, I think
nuvexport would still have to be used as a UI,
though.