[mythtv-users] Per-program commercial skip?

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Mon Nov 3 03:29:54 EST 2003

A quick question:  is there a key to enable/disable automatic commercial
skip while playing a recording?  The commercial detection code works
amazingly well on 90% of what I watch, so I just leave the "Automatically
Skip Commericals" box checked, but then when I watch one of the shows that
confound the detection code ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on FX is a
crippler), it's jumping all over the place, so I have to back out to Setup
and turn it off.   Not exactly a hardship in the grand scheme of things,
but kind of a nuisance.

If there's no key for toggling the auto-skip, what about having a
per-program setting for whether or not to do commercial detection, so one
could flag known "problem" shows so that it wouldn't even try to detect
commercials, leaving an empty cutlist.  Then you could leave auto-skip on
all the time with no trouble.