[mythtv-users] vmware and per-program commercial skip

Mon Nov 3 11:10:33 EST 2003

> when linux is just booting of the CD, it gets to the disk check,
> and then fails as it tries to read the what I believe is the SATA drives.

Hi, have a look what version of the kernel redhat is using.  I *think* that you need 2.4.22 for basic sata support, but in fact I noticed that there is a kernel compile flag started to appear in 2.4.23 so I think you might need to look at these for full compatibility.

I can get my machine to boot with a 2.4.22 with SATA drives, but it is very slow with lots of wierd pauses.  Putting the motherboard into "Compatibility mode" brings everything back to normal though (although you will then only be able to run two drives on that controller).

Try installing without SATA support and then build a latest 2.4.23-pre kernel or try something in the -ac series (usually has better ide support, but I'm not sure if it's still maintained now?)

Good luck..