[mythtv-users] Some channels are scrambled

Derek Anderson public at kered.org
Mon Nov 3 13:55:07 EST 2003

just an educated guess since i don't have digital cable, but:

you may not receive the regular (non-local) cable channels in analog
mode.  they may be digital only.  if this is the case, you have to hook
up your PVR to a digital cable descrambler.  (you'll need two for both
cards)  plus you'll need either the serial or IR controller to change
channels.

you can test this by hooking up a regular TV, sans the descrambler.  can
you get regular cable channels OK on it?

either way, you're definitely going to need the descrambler to get the
"extra" digital channels.  (which is i assume why you're paying the
extra cash :)

--
  Derek C. Anderson
  public at kered.org