[mythtv-users] Autostart of MythTV as myttv user

MythTV at C4L davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com
Mon Nov 3 17:43:49 EST 2003

I saw a thread on this topic in the archives, but it doesn't seem to
address starting up in BlackBox and on the initial boot.  It's also
listed in the docs (21.10), but that doesn't seem to work either.

My system boots up into BlackBox and DOES auto-login as user mythtv.  I
just can't seem to get MythTV to start up on inital boot.  If I login
from another term and init 3, then init 5, it starts up using the 21.10
documentation.  This basically says to alter the .xinitrc file and add
"mythfronted &" before loading blackbox.

Any ideas why on inital boot, the auto-login of the mythtv user doesn't
startup MythTV but changing run levels does?

Thanks,

Dave