[mythtv-users] mp3anywhere stops working during playback

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 09:16:26 EST 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 20:40, Michael Beauregard wrote:
> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> >Top-posting rearranged.

> >>irxevent
> >
> >Hmmm... my guess is you either have a problem with your .lircrc, or
> > your system is too bogged down during playback (unlikely).  Can you
> > use the keyboard to control playback without problems?  And can you
> > post your .lircrc?
>
> Keyboard works no problem every time. My .lircrc is simply a modified
> version of Jarod's sample .lircrc that he uses for pvr250. It has a
> few changes to a few codes and such, but otherwise nothing
> interesting to me. If you still want to see it, let me know. BTW, I'm
> not sure how much CPU usage I should be seeing on a dual 450 with PVR
> 250, but one cpu is usually near 90% and the other near 40%. My
> impression from other posts is that people with comparable hardware
> are not seeing this much cpu usage during livetv. Maybe it has
> something to do with this.

Hmmm... 90% and 40%?  Is this all the time, or just during playback?
What process(es) is/are using up so much CPU?  Better check to see if
your Voodoo3 supports Xv and that you've got it configured properly...
sounds like you might be doing software scaling, which could explain
the hight CPU load.  You might need to fix your X setup, or get a new
video card.

-JAC