[mythtv-users] Upgraded to .12, LiveTV hangs on Channel Change

Bill Bradley wbradley at bham.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 11:35:46 EST 2003

First off, let me say that MythTV is one of the coolest apps I have ever
had the pleasure of running on linux.  Using it constantly reminds me of
why I started using linux in the first place. Anyway, enough fanboy
rantings.

I just upgraded to .12 from .11 via the ATrpms repository to fix the
IMDB lookup and for the other improvements.  All seemed to work well,
until I noticed a problem watching LiveTV.  Whenever I start LiveTV, all
is well, it defaults to the last watched channel.  If I change the
channel, TV grinds almost to halt (super slo-mo) with no sound and no ir
response.  I have to kill the mythfrontend process from the console.  I
restart it and the same problem is repeated. I am not seeing any errors
in the backend or frontend log files.

Has anyone else had this problem yet?  My setup is RH9, Shuttle XPC
(Via), AthlonXP 2400, 512 mb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 440mx 64mb, and PVR-250
(grey remote). Here is my mythtv/ivtv version info:

mythtv-0.12-45.rh9.at
mythtv-backend-0.12-45.rh9.at
libmyth-0.12-45.rh9.at
mythtv-frontend-0.12-45.rh9.at
mythtv-suite-0.12-34.rh9.at
ivtv-0.12-cvs20030813_12.rh9.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at-0.12-cvs20030813_12.rh9.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.4.20-20.9-0.12-cvs20030813_12.rh9.at

Thanks