[mythtv-users] Web-based universal remote control

Rich machinez at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:49:09 EST 2003

Folks,
I was thinking of creating a web-based universal
remote for MythTV and all my other entertainment
devices. There would be 2 parts.

One that would call LIRC to drive my IR
transmitter(control devices). That seems easy enough(I
can use php exec to call 'RC SEND_ONCE DEVICE
COMMAND').

The second part is what I'm not sure about how to
implement. I want to send a keypress to the local
x-window so that i can navigate through mythfrontend.
Does anyone know how to do this?

The eventual goal is to take a picture of my remote
controls and create a imagemap with links to call php
functions that drive LIRC and mythfrontend. It would
be great on a wi-fi enabled PalmPilot webbrowser.

Thanks,
Rich