[mythtv-users] Continuous Sound

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Nov 4 15:02:13 EST 2003

I noticed tricky behavior when I first tried ALSA... the gui mixer I used
(was it the Gnome one?  I forget) would totally mute Line In when I dropped
down the volume.  *Actually*, what you want to do, is set the Line-In to
"capture", or "record", but just mute it's output.  Try using the
command-line alsamixer to do this, it will give you better control over the
mixer settings.

- Willy