[mythtv-users] MythMusic

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 15:10:30 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 13:48, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I just got MythMusic working with a Samba share and the Xbox distro.
> It's amazing!
>
> However, I can't seem to get MythMusic to "recognize" any mp3 files
> that do not have an ID3 tag, and it seems that I have quite a lot of
> them. Is there anyway to have it not use ID3s, to just use the
> filenames?
>
> I tried checking "Ignore ID3", but then when I research for more
> music, it kills the entire MythFrontend...
>
> Thanks.

Define 'kills'... do you mean it segfaults/coredumps/crashes, or does it
just hang?  If it hangs, are you sure it's hung and not just taking a
really long time to scan your collection?

In any event, you might want to examine your directory hierarchy/naming
scheme.  Maybe it's choking on some filenames, or maybe you've
specified more levels in your mythmusic tree than you actually have on
your drive.

Beyond that, follow the instructions in the howto to run in gdb and get
a backtrace.

-JAC