[mythtv-users] Newbie problems I am still having and need help!

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Thu Nov 6 13:13:44 EST 2003

Thanks guys!

>IIRC, the FX cards have the same overscan support as the GF4MX cards,
>meaning that you need *specifically* the 4363 drivers (NOT the latest!)
>from Nvidia, then you need to add the overscan option to your
>XF86Config.  It takes a value from 0.0 - 1.0.

I will try this tonight or tomorrow if possible. I was using the latest
greatest (ha!) drivers so hopefully this will help. You would think that
with as much lurking that I do I would have seen this crucial tip ;)

>I've never used Ogle, but ALSA is OSS-compatible, so if you don't have
>the ALSA-native version of ogle, it should fall back to OSS mode
>(assuming it supports that; no reason it shouldn't).  Now, if you're
>relying on extended sound capabilities enabled by native ALSA support,
>that's another story...

I "think" I disabled the OSS parts on early troubleshooting, so I might
check module.conf to see if the trouble lies there. I am getting NO sound
from Ogle, but MythTV and even system sounds are cool.

> again. Moral is that the reciever might be sensitive to electrical
> interference, so be aware of that with your setup.

True. True. I guess I just figured that since the thing is designed as a
dongle that is supposed to hang next to other cables (not to mention the RF
generated from a running computer) that the receiver would be more robust.
This is the "ugly" part of my system right now as it hanging from the front
USB ports (still not sure why the other 4 ports don't want to play with
devices yet)

Anyone have any input on the mythfilldatabase issue? Thanks!

-Sean