[mythtv-users] [Offtopic] Re:Alternative to separate front-end

Jeff Noxon jeff-mythtv at planetfall.com
Thu Nov 6 14:44:08 EST 2003

RG6 is lower loss than most S-Video cable.  I suggested using a pair
of RG6 cables, not one.  You are correct that it would be impossible to
run S-Video over one RG6 cable.  It is much easier to do what you said,
and use a long length of S-Video cable.  Radio Shack even sells it in
50' spools.  I have found that for long runs, RG6 does a better job.

I wouldn't expect CAT5 to do a very good job at all, especially in
versions of UTP (5e? cat6?) that have different numbers of twists on
different pairs.  Plus, you get no shield unless you're using STP.
But I digress...

Regards,

Jeff