[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Thu Nov 6 23:52:34 EST 2003

> > Following on from that - does anyone have serial control
> > of their box using Shaw Digital Cable in Vancouver?
> Don't waste your time, the boxes here have a firmware that
> is too old to support it.  Also as long as you have the
> correct firmware (7.54 or later), whether Shaw (or other
> provider) enables the port or not is irrelevant.

I know my firmware is 07.85, I'm just lacking the cable right now. Jim Paris
advised earlier that the DCT2000 acts as DCE so I'll make a cable up and
give it a whirl.

The provider enabling the port IS relevant, surely - no port enabling = no
serial control of the box (given the right firmware level?)