[mythtv-users] Auto Login mythtv user on start

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Nov 7 10:51:11 EST 2003

Kind of [OT].... I know this was asked before because I browsed several
of the posts. I'm using a 350 and TV Out and it's finally working. I
have a script in rc.local that loads all the ivtv stuff as well as
mythbackend. Then the console goes to the login screen.

If I login as my mythtv user I get the OSD on my TV, and I have
mythfrontend starting automatically. Perfect.

BUT, I want to stick this PC in my home theater with no
keyboard,mouse,monitor. Any maintenance would be done with VNC and SSH.

Is there an EASY way of getting the console to login automatically as
mythtv when it starts up? I'm running Redhat 9 in case it makes a
difference.

Thanks,
James