[mythtv-users] Dual Tuners SOLVED - Splitting question

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Fri Nov 7 14:07:21 EST 2003

> I get this in messages when xawtv starts:
> tuner: TV freq (268435455.93) out of range (44-958)

I dont completely understand this error message but it seemed to have been
attributed to an overlay issue (which was resolved after a fresh reload of all
the modules *shrug*). Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out
and/or offered suggestions.

The only issue I'm running into now is I have no audio on recorded channels
off of the second device (although I DO have audio off of it while watching
live TV ... I'm guessing its a dsp issue but I'll hammer that out later)

The new question I have is sort of off topic. I'm curious to know how many
times you can split a signal (right from the wall) before it starts to degrade
a lot. Basically I have my current output from the wall split 4 ways  :\  one
goes to the second tuner, one to my digital box, one to a sepperate cable box
in a nother room, and one is a feed to my cable modem. *So far* I've noticed
no degredation in picture or on my internet side (fairly large pipe) but I'm
thinking of splitting it once more so I can have all my lower channels (0-61)
running into the tuner on _both_ cards and then just use the S-Video in (as I
am right now) on the PVR-250 for my digital channels (99-400+) but without
having the picture suck.

I guess the real test would be just doing it and seeing, but I was curious if
anyone else had something similar set up and if they noticed any serious
signal issues.

--
Lonny