[mythtv-users] Re: sound level too high, get crackles

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Fri Nov 7 15:09:17 EST 2003

> I have this botched together oss/alsa mix for audio drivers since my
> emu10k2 chipset isn't supported. Lately I notice that one channel (as in
> tv channel of my satellite receiver) seems to have a higher audio level
> then the others and since my input level is set high I get crackles at
> high volume occurrances. This gets very annoying and I want to be able
> turn down my btaudio input level but it is down all the way already.
> Anyone know how I can do this, alsamixer doesn't seem to be working
> either
> so all I have is kmix, and like I said that level is all the way down.
>
> Chris

Does your satellite receiver have a fixed audio output, or does it change
based on the volume of the receiver?  May be able to turn it down.

What exactly do you mean when you say "tv channel of my satellite
receiver"?  Is this a seperate tv input going through a satellite
receiver? Or do you mean any channel from the receiver?

Ben