[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Fri Nov 7 15:30:25 EST 2003

> Nope, if you check the archives you'll note 2 things
>
> 1) When people call the provider they are told 1 of 2 things
>  	a) the port is not enabled and we won't enable it for you
> 	b) huh? what are you talking about
>
> 2) Regardless of what people are told in 1, as long as you have the correct
> firmware, it just works ;-)

I dont know everyone's situation but I'm thinking its as you mentioned and
mainly, if not only, dependant on firmware. When talking to my cable company,
when they went through all their software and docs (including info needed to
upgrade firmware/set parameters etc and I wasn't talking to just anyone, they
actually looked into it for me in detail) they could find NO reference to
specifically enabling or dissabling that port ... like nothing.

Too bad there wasn't an easy way to flash it yourself  :\  or *have* it
flashed  ;)

--
Lonny