[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial pinout / Shaw Vancouver

Chris Teachworth Chris at emanet.com
Fri Nov 7 15:43:05 EST 2003

Hi Harold,

	It really does matter. The tech at my cable company did an
upgrade today and said this:

	"Chris, the upgrade is done the serials ports are " turned on "
for all models that have them according to my DAC.. might want to send
me your GI box number and I can take a look at terminal configs to see
if your box is enabled."

	Only it didn't work at first. I emailed him my serial number and
he turned it on specifically for my box at which point it started
working! He said after he did some more research he'd try to send me
some info that I can share with other's about how to "ask the right
question" of your provider.

	Most first tier people either have no idea of what you are
talking about when you ask about this or seem to believe that enabling
the "high speed serial port" will do the job (it doesn't). There were
also some more recent posts on that Tivo forum you mentioned that talk
about this specifically.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivovb/showthread.php?threadid=62212&goto=n
ewpost

	There are/were definitely posts on that thread about having to
have your cable co active the port. Maybe we were thinking of different
threads?

Chris