[mythtv-users] RE:/dev/dsp device or resource busy ??

myth at h2cs.com myth at h2cs.com
Sat Nov 8 12:45:11 EST 2003

Seth,
	If you are running KDE, the next time you get this error run ksysguard
from a console.  Select the checkbox for Tree, and then look for
knotify.  On my system Aplay is a subprocess of knotify, and I am trying
to see if it is a universal problem, or am I just lucky?  If you have
knotify/aplay, you can select aplay and then press the kill button.
That frees up /dev/dsp on my system.  Please let me know if this works
for you, so I can try to figure out a permanent solution.  If it doesn't
let me know that too, so I can start looking elsewhere for the problem.

	There had been a solution posted that said to disable the Arts sound
system in KDE, which I did, but I still had the problem.  Killing
knotify's aplay process seems to do the trick.

Message: 21