[mythtv-users] how to use nuvexport to transcode a PVR250 episode to an MPEG4 simple format file for archos jukebox

Jeff Campbell tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 8 16:34:34 EST 2003

> Hi All,
>

> I would like to export some of my myth recorded shows (captured
> with a PVR 250 card in MPEG2 format) to MPEG4 Simple Profile for
> display on my Archos Jukebox MM handheld.  I downloaded Chris's
> nuvexport and installed FFMPEG but when I run NUV export and select
> a show, it just loops saying it is waiting for mythtranscode to
> open fifos.  I did see a note about possibly needing to probe for
> mpeg headers but I'm afraid I don't have any idea what that means
> or how to do it.
>

> Could someone steer me in the right direction on how to use what
> looks like a great utility, nuvexport, to create MPEG4 files?  I'm
> off on a long trip on monday and would love to take some content
> with me. :)

Further info on where things go awry:

Choose a function:  3
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Output filename?  [MotorWeek - Nissan Armada.avi]
No cutlist found.  Hopefully this means that you already removed the commercials.
Audio bitrate? [64]
Video bitrate? [256]
Horizontal resolution? [320]
Vertical resolution? [240]
[tcprobe] MPEG program stream (PS)
Illegal profile : autodetect
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.

-Jeff