[mythtv-users] Re: How to get interlaced PAL TV out on Nvidia?

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat Nov 8 22:54:16 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 03:49, Clyde Stubbs wrote:
> Ok, got no useful responses from anyone else, but in looking at
> the XFree86 source for the nv driver, it says that Nvidia boards
> greater than NV15 don't support interlacing. The nforce2 video
> is an NV17 type.
>
> But I know the hardware CAN do it, cos it does it ok on boot.

You probably won't even notice the effects of a interlaced picture on a
still image, move to the devel list for a more featurefull (i hope)
thread on this subject. This implying that the pictures you have seen
could have been deinterlaced displayed on an interlaced frame (tv wise
that is, not card resolution wise).

Kenneth