[mythtv-users] Video problem... almost there!

Dan Berger dan at theidiots.org
Sun Nov 9 06:56:18 EST 2003

Hi all,

Using Cesil's wonderful KnoppMyth distribution (thank you Cesil!). Card: PVR
250

After some tweaking and trial and error I was able to get myth almost up and
running. Only problem that remains is that the video I get is really bad in
quality. Please see http://www.spyfx.com/~hosted/octane/borked.mpg for a
sample (1.5 megs) as it is hard to explain what it looks like... its jittery
monochrome (ghost?) video. Longer video also lags and has slow downs (may
not be related).

I have tried setting the video input (-p) in test_ioctl from 0 to 7. I have
also tried setting the output/input mapping (-v) to different values. I have
also toyed with dnr_mode, dnr_temporal, and dnr_spatial... all to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong and any possible
solutions?

Thank you.

> Dan J. Berger
[web_page] http://octane.theidiots.org/