[mythtv-users] ivtv/mythtv CVS dependancy clarification for PVR350

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Mon Nov 10 03:02:30 EST 2003

Jarod said:
> You'll have to either uninstall all the mythtv rpms before
> installing from CVS source, or roll your own CVS-based rpms
> and just rpm -U them, but other than that, everything *should*
> work.
Famous last words eh :-)  Hmm.. need to brush up on my RPM usage, but I'm
guessing some kind of "query - list all installed packages" piped through
"grep myth", followed by the RPM command line to uninstall said packages,
with maybe a bit of whining about dependancy issues thrown in?

Will the contents of the mythconverg database in MySQL remain untouched?

Torsten said:
> You can also get the "Halloween-Edition" of ivtv:
> This should work fine with vanilla 0.12.
Will it be fine with the RPM version as per Jarod's HOWTO? Just maybe a bit
more recent than the ivtv RPM that's installed as part of mythsuite?

Thanks again
Paul