[mythtv-users] Help with Jarod's Guide - Newbie

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Mon Nov 10 10:28:39 EST 2003

Alex,

Welcome. I am not sure that I am the most qualified person here to answer
all of this (in fact I am definitely not) but since I was in exactly your
position a few weeks ago I know how you feel.
Most of my problems during install centered on the order of the install.
Your issue with apt-get may be solved with another "apt-get update" to get
the full list of sources. This new sources list will contain several
at-bleeding locations that will be commented out by default (at least they
were for me). After activating the at-bleeding sections by removing the "#"
you should be able to install the mythtv-suite. It is worth mentioning that
currently the myth distribution is in apt-bleeding for troubleshooting
reasons and 'MAY' not be quite ready.

-Sean