[mythtv-users] NVidia TV-Out Black and White Only

mikey mikey at linuxwiz.org
Mon Nov 10 13:01:49 EST 2003

I have an nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev 178) video card
with a svideo port.  I have used an svideo->rca (please excuse my
terminology ignorance here) to connect the nvidia tvout port to the video
in port on my television (no svideo port on the tv).

I have tried everything (nv-tv, no nvidia proprietary drivers, nvidia
proprietary drivers, twinview, no twinview, etc..) and can only get the
blasted thing to display in black and white!

Can anyone clue me in on what could be going on here?  I have googled,
searched the ivtv archives, etc... and cannot get a clue.  I vaguely
remember at some point, in some obscure archive, reading that the tvout on
these cards would only display black and white, but cannot for the life of
me find that blurb again.

I am using the latest nvidia proprietary drivers, cvs ivtv, blah blah.
Everything works, just black and white.  I got so frustrated I went out and
bought an averkey micro converter to just run from the vga port on the card
to the tv, but the picture quality is not quite what I want.