[mythtv-users] PVR350 + MythTv behaviour

Paul Crick web-mythtv-users at ivrl.com
Mon Nov 10 13:04:36 EST 2003

> In any case, I usderstand that PVR350 is under heavy
> development and things are changing everyday and That's
> why I could not get a clear understanding of what is
> working with pvr350 and what's not.
Yeah, the ivtv driver that's used with the PVR350 seems pretty active in the
development department.

> So, is my understanding correct ? if not, what if the
> current tv-out behaviour when using mythty with PVR-350 ?
I have yet to get mine fully working, that's a project for later on today
involving some uninstalling, reinstalling, CVS fetches etc. But.. On my
and also had OSD working too. Myth menus etc still displayed on my VGA port.

It's my understanding that you can set the output of the PVR350 up as a
framebuffer device, which enables you to use it as a display within X
windows. So you can see the Myth menus etc, as well as recorded video with
OSD, all on the video outputs of the PVR350.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on!

Cheers
Paul