[mythtv-users] PVR350 + MythTv behaviour

Olivier obrodeur at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 10 14:19:43 EST 2003

Torsten,

Thanks for the good description. This is pretty exciting.

There has been some discussion in the last few days about channel change
delay; With the 350 hardware, is it possible to feed both the tv out
directly, *and* writing the mpeg stream to disk ? This would allow live tv
mode to be really live as opposed to have the 2-3 second buffering delay. I
understand that  for other cards that do not have tv in and out on the same
board, this ring buffer is always required, even when watching live, but
with the PVR350, I guess we could have a mode where if you are almost live
(i.e. 2-3 second behind), it switches to real live tv where tv-out is feed
with tv-in and not the ring buffer.

What is you though on that ? if pvr hardware supports that, it would be a
pretty nivce feature especially for setup with an external tv tuner...

Olivier.