[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip Questions

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Mon Nov 10 18:40:58 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:07:22 -0500 (EST) spake Chris of:

> Maybe it's not as accurate as my MythTV detection code. ;)  I added a note
> to my TODO list to either not skip the blank frames at the beginning and
> ending of a commercial break or to make it a settable option.  I have heard
> several other people mention this as well and it probably does flow better
> if there's a couple blank frames so it looks like a normal scene change
> rather than an abrupt scene change where the commercials were.

I would like to see the blank frames too. I find sometimes the skipping works
so well I have to go back and check to make sure it actually didn't miss
anything :)

Other times, it seems to jump a little too early, and I miss the fadeout or,
worse, the last bits of dialog. Although this may have more to do with Myth's
player... it doesn't seem to like jumping at certain points... maybe it needs
to jump to/from some sort of "special" frames?

Even when the skipping doesn't work perfectly, it's still nicer than having to
sit through the BLARINGLY LOUD COMMERCIALS! :)

aaron