[mythtv-users] Re: [Fwd: mythchannels]

Ramon Roca Ramon.Roca at xcombo.com
Tue Nov 11 16:28:09 EST 2003

Stefan is right, xawtv is probably the best workaround for those without
xmltv listings, after this, there is always a chance for updating the
database manually with tools like phpMyAdmin or directly with sql.

About mythchannels, it's gone, and although some code might be there, is
not advisable to use it since it's outdated. I heard that Leandro have
used at least parts of it, so supposedly he's maintaining some of the
features, but I have never seen that, so no idea of which features is
supporting and where is available.

In the meantime, the recent CVS updates with the DVB stuff are providing
changes to the database schema. I haven't played with that yet, however
a first look shows that it's very much improved from previous versions,
cleaner, richer, promising..., let's hope that finally that will become
the real support for all the DVB stuff. I'm wondering if anybody is
actively working for the setup there.