[mythtv-users] Re: [Q] : how to trace "wait for 2 seconds...

Jim Jarrett jarrett at rpa.net
Tue Nov 11 18:09:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:03:14 -0800 Dave Weisbeck <davemw at shaw.ca> wrote

> For me, the problem was always the same. read was blocked in mythbackend,
> but I have a PVR250 and a VIA chipset motherboard so I'm pretty convinced
> that is the reason for the problems for me. I changed the code to do
> nonblocking reads and it helps in that I can usually get the Esc key to exit
> out of Live TV so that I can immediately reenter and not miss much of the
> show. This doesn't help much with recordings though. =(

The problems for me seemed to come when I upgraded from 0.11 to 0.12.  Has
something changed around the code between these two versions?

Has anyone else found the blocking reads to be the reason they get it?

Another interesting side effect.  If I ssh into my Myth box, and kill the
front end, it doesn't go away, and I am then forced to power-cycle the box.
I can no longer Alt-Tab to a KDE command window.  Sometimes, I can't do
either--no ssh, no Alt-Tab. :(

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett at rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |