[mythtv-users] Via Nehemia and MythMusic problems

Christopher R. Pond cpond at team345.com
Tue Nov 11 22:18:14 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm running Mythtv and Mythmusic on a Via Nehemia M10000 motherboard and
a Hauppauge PVR-350 and RedHat 9.0. Mythtv seems to be working great --
although there are sometimes a couple of hiccoughs during playback
during the first 10 seconds or so.
My real problem is getting MythMusic to install. I'm running with the
VIA "combo" audio driver from the viaarena website. When I start playing
music with MythMusic, I just get a bunch of clickety-clickety stuff over
and over. Myth hangs at that point too -- I have to ctrl-c it. At this
point, unloading the audio driver does not stop the clickety-clickety
sound. The only thing that stops it is a hard reboot.
I tried playing the same flac files using XMMS, and they playback just
fine on the very same machine.  I don't see any error output from Myth.
Anyone have a similar experience? What could be the problem here?

Thanks!
Christopher Pond