[mythtv-users] Problems with DB after installing MythDVD rpm

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 16:04:19 EST 2003

When I try to run mythbackend, I get this:

Unable to read configuration file mysql.txt
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable open database ''
Database error was:
No Database Selected

I manually installed mythtv and successfully got it up
and running.  I
was having difficulty installing mythdvd so I used
Thac's RPM.  However
after installing the RPM, I was prompted to run:

mysql -u mythtv -p <
/usr/share/doc/mythdvd-0.12/dvddb/metadata.sql

which would give me this error:

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost'
(Using password:
NO)

I have no password for mysql, so i tried the same
command without the
-p
to no avail.  I then ran:

mysql -u root < metadata.sql

which i got from the mythtv website.  I understand
that the problems
lies with the mysql usernames and passwords, but am
too ignorant with
mysql to fix it.  Any help to get my DB back so I can
start using
mythtv
again would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time,