[mythtv-users] Grrrr, I can't figure out if I hate alsa or Creative!!!

Per Åge Sørvik peraage at leneogperaage.com
Thu Nov 13 03:57:59 EST 2003

William H. Gilmore wrote:

>    5. I then got down on my knees, called Uncle, pulled out my AMEX
>       card, and ordered Jason’s top of the line recommendation, an
>       M-Audio Revolution 7.1 from Nutrend. It should arrive early next
>       week! In the mean time, its back to the VIA 8233 which does
>       work. The whine doesn’t both me now because my whine is louder!!!!

I have a Terratec Sky 5.1 that uses the same Envy24HT chip as the
M-Audio Revolution, and as long as you're only using analog outputs its
very good. But be prepared to play a bit with alsamixer. To get digital
out working, i had to use Alsa 0.9.7, and I still have some strange
happenings with that. I'm very surprised of your experience with the
SBLive, I've got two different versions of those cards working here.

--

peraage