[mythtv-users] SUCCESS - Gentoo and Nehemiah hardware decoding

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 04:05:55 EST 2003

On Gentoo I'm pretty sure you put modules options that would normally be
placed in /etc/modules.conf in /etc/modules.d/<modname> (e.g. the alsa
settings go in a file named /etc/modules.d/alsa the you run
modules-update or update-modules (depeding on your version) and it
copies all file contents into the modules.conf file. When you emerge
something new (maybe other times) the install process often calls
modules-update for you, if you made manual changes to modules.conf I'm
almost certain they are overwritten.

Does any of that make sense? Which Tv card are you using? I've tried a
pvr-250 and an Avermedia TV studio, neither caused any problems.

Adam