[mythtv-users] Myth not tuning correctly at first boot

Pete's MythTV myth at scantech.no-ip.com
Thu Nov 13 05:49:01 EST 2003

I have a really odd problem.  I have now got my channels tuning correctly by
editing the database directly.

The problem is that after rebooting my Myth box, the tuner can no longer
acquire channels.   If I exit Mythfrontend, run either xawtv or tvtime, then
exit and re-run Mythfrontend the channels all tune ok.

I guess xawtv & tvtime configure something in the tuner that Myth is
lacking, or is doing differently.    Has anyone seen this, or know what the
problem might be ?

I'm using KnoppMyth R4.   My tuner card is a 3 year old WinTV Go PCI card.
How can I check what config Myth is sending to the card compared to xawtv ?

Thanks,
Pete

(I wish Mythtv had a manual channal scan like xawtv & tvtime. This would
really help those of us not on standard frequency plans)