[mythtv-users] Repeating audio after ESC

Ramon Redondo malinon at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 13 18:03:48 EST 2003

Curtis Stanford wrote:

>Lately, with CVS, whenever I press ESC to get out of Live TV or watching a
>recording, the last second of audio repeats over about 20-25 times before I
>actually get out and back to the GUI. Weird...
>
>Curtis

I've had this problem on and off for a while.  I found that if I use the
OSS drivers the issue goes away.  Unfortunatly, the OSS drivers for my
Via8235 don't seem to allow full duplex, so that's not a good solution.

When I dug into it, it was actually happening at the CLOSE for the audio
driver from within Myth.  Even though I was only seeing this with Myth,
I figured it was an Alsa problem.

Since I started looking into it I majorly messed up my system and am
waiting for a chance to do a fresh install before looking into it
again.  At that point I planned to post a trace, if it seemed appropriate.

You might consider posting a trace yourself... it may not be the same
issue and who knows when I'll get to posting one myself.