[mythtv-users] Aver DVB-T or Nova DVB-T?

Mark Edwards mark at edwards.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 14 06:31:36 EST 2003

FYI - Avermedia DVB-T is supported under linux with linuxtv.org DVB
driverset (CVS) works a treat for both SDTV and HDTV transmissions. It's a
simple budget card that uses a bt878 audio dma channel to pipe the MPEG2
stream onto the PCI bus. Uses a Microtune 7202D frontend which is supported
by the sp887x frontend driver which is included in the CVS driverset.

You're right re the analogue inputs, however I havn't got the inclination to
do any testing on them - I am happy that the DVB side of the card works
under linux for under AU$200 !

I wrote a brief howto on this card which is also in the DVB driverset CVS
tree...

Mark.