[mythtv-users] Please help with Transcode

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Nov 14 09:20:04 EST 2003

I was having a problem with mythtranscode not being found. Turns out I
was not run mythbackend from the right place, so that is resolved.

My understanding is transcode is used to save/convert recordings to
another format. Is that correct?

I have a recording that I believe is supposed to be transcoding, because
if I hit Q it says Transcoding stopped.

If it is transcoding, where is it doing it at? I see nothing changing in
my /mnt/store directory.

I have a couple recordings that I would like to watch but I have a
problem with my PVR350 TVOut locking up. So I would like to get the
recordings saved as MPG2 or something.

Any help is appreciated.
James