[mythtv-users] Re:LIRC daemon refuses to start

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 15:59:21 EST 2003

WOW! Talk about timing. I all but gave up on anyone on
the myth list responding to this, so I signed up on
the LIRC list.

Here's what I got:

copy the contrib/lirc.redhat script to
/etc/rc.d/init.d/lircd (making
any necessary path changes), then chkconfig can make
the necessary
symlinks for starting/stopping the daemon(s) at
boot/halt.

/rayc

Now, I'm not anywhere near my Mythbox right now, but
you can believe that I'm itching to try this out.

Jason, PLEASE give it a shot and report back. Once I
get LIRC licked, I'm production ready. Yeah!