[mythtv-users] pvr350 TV-out howto problems..SUCCESS!!!!

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Nov 15 18:16:27 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 22:37, Dan wrote:
> Ok, so now Im wallking throught the XF86Config  (I do not have a XF86Config-4,
> not sure how to tell if X 4+ or X3+) is installed (RH9 ships with?)
>
> anyways, looking at the Device Section where the pvr 350 is defined
>
> there is a parameter called: BusID  I understand I can get the value I should place here
> from lspci -v
>
> I believe the section of interest in my output is this:
> 01:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

> Im guessing my BusID value should be: 01:06.0

1:6:0

In your case that's easy. For me lspci gives

00:14.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

and I put 0:20:0 into XF86Config!

Why, lspci gives hex, XF86Config takes decimal values.

I just thought I'd mention it here, since you wouldn't be the first to
catch that one.

> Also the Screen section where I define Modes, for NTSC should be
> "720x480"
> or "720x576" ?

NTSC: 720x480
PAL:  720x576

For NTSC you can go with the settings at the top of ivtv-fb.c

BTW, you must not change the modeline!

Take a look at my sig. They are for PAL, but maybe they can help.

Good luck,

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: