[mythtv-users] Live TV choppy

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Nov 15 18:28:33 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 18:41, wishbone at h4b.org wrote:
> hmm tried decoder-alpha-291003B.tar.gz without any luck.  Still get the same
> studdering problems.  Although I'm using a pvr250 and don't need the decoder
> code, but I guess that shouldn't matter?  Is that what you meant by Jens
> patchlevel?
>
> thanks for the help!

Yes, that's the driver I meant. I didn't ever get stutters with grabbing
the video.

That's vanilla 0.12 your running, correct? The grabbing should work with
any revision of the ivtv driver before 1st of november.

But as you say, you can grab correctly, and watch the file with mplayer
and even watch /dev/video directly in mplayer. So I guess your problem
is with your myth installation. Did you compile any hardware
acceleration features? XvMC or such?

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: