[mythtv-users] usability request for mythDVD: optionally manual chapter selection

Joachim Gehweiler post at joachim-gehweiler.de
Sun Nov 16 13:48:42 EST 2003

Hi,

after testing with different DVD's from my video-tape library, I noticed
that mplayer does NOT automatically recognize the chapters of the movie
in many cases - the result is, that mostly you see the movie (without
that rubbish before and after it), but also quite often you only see
this first disclaimer chapter and not the movie itself.

A simple workaround would be to force mplayer to play all the chapters,
but this would not be a real solution because it also plays the unwanted
chapters on DVD's where it can recognize them.

My suggestion is to add a menu with all available chapters before
starting playback; if the chapters with the movie can be recognized, it
would be a good idea to preselect them, so that you just have to hit
enter/space to start playback, whereas in case that it cannot be
recognized you have the chance to manually select the chapters you'd
like to see.

[ maybe you can reuse some code from the ripping-part ]

Best,
   Joachim