[mythtv-users] Slackware

Jason Hunt jhunt at akula.org
Sun Nov 16 17:48:43 EST 2003

I have my system on Slackware 9.1  The only issue I ran into trouble
initially was receiving an error while trying to run /mythtv/setup/setup
which was related to QMYSQL3 error.

I fixed this by installing QT-3.2.2 package inside of slackware's current
distrubution.  This is related to a a QT mysql library issue.

Anyway, I installed everything from source (no lame RPM junk) and had no
problems with any of the packages.  I pretty much followed the mythtv
install documents, with a little help from the following:

NOTE:  With both of these links, some items do not apply

http://homepage.mac.com/johnsflowers/FreeplayTV/Documentation.html
http://www.elsewhere.org/pvr/notes.html

Anyway, if you run into some problems, let me know and I can help you out.
I am a *BSD junkie, but when it comes to linux, slackware is the only choice
I can tolerate :)