[mythtv-users] Slackware

Duncan Thomas lists at goldtel.com.au
Sun Nov 16 18:43:47 EST 2003

Casper

Surprise - That's half the fun ;)

I originally went the Red Hat route for the ease of install. Once I
started using cvs I saw the disadvantage (their Kernel doesn't help
either). Fairly easy to fix but I figured these Red Hat inconsistencies
are going to crop up over and over - not to mention the bloat.
It is also my hope that I learn more about Linux by trying something
that forces me to learn.

Certainly would be interested in the init scripts.

Jason

Your RPM comment says it all - no control (or very little - and I really
have a hard time understanding some of the dependencies).
Thanks for the links - I am sure I will visit them often during the
install.

Regards Duncan