[mythtv-users] New release for DVB?

Mon Nov 17 04:41:13 EST 2003

> The 0.12 announcement on www.mythtv.org says "...though the majority of DVB
> changes are going to go in after this release."
>
> I'm fiddling around trying to get my Nova-T working with Myth. Should I hold off
> till the next release? When can I expect to see full DVB support in Myth?

Thanks to some hard work by Kenneth, the DVB support in CVS is currently extremely good!

There are a few remaining issues.  Most serious of these (for me at least) is that av-sync is broken at the moment.  You have a couple of choices: Kenneth has published a patch which presumably works very well for him, however, in the UK over DVB-T I do not get very good results with this (but I haven't had any time to debug this and feedback any reports).  However, the original bit of code is fairly easy to add back in (see a previous message by me, or drop me a line again if it's not easy to find).

I would very much recommend giving it a go and dropping Kenneth a line to say thanks if it works for you (he also has some setup code available if you check the archives)

Good luck