[mythtv-users] 2 second delay between songs

Chris Jensen ml-myth at drspirograph.com
Mon Nov 17 08:57:01 EST 2003

Hi,
I've just installed myth*. It's very cool stuff.
I don't have any tv tuners so i can't use the actual TV part! I have also been
running the frontend without the backend - there seem to be no problems
(except for the one below), is there anything that needs the backend other
than tv recording?
I do have a problem though - myth music pauses for 2 seconds before it starts
playing a song. It basically hangs during this time, you can't skip, or exit
out of mythmusic or anything before it plays that song. (after the song
starts any key strokes that were backed up get executed)

Also I had a couple of suggestions:
I noticed there was discussion on having different modules communicate - what
would be really nice is if they could run concurrently - eg MythMusic running
in the background until you press stop, or until you start a DVD or something
- even better if skip/pause etc still worked, since there's no real reason
the music needs to stop playing if you want to check the weather or the news.
Another cool example would be if you wanted to watch out for news as it breaks
(eg if it's a big news day), the news module could overlay new headlines onto
the TV or Video output as new ones becomes available.

Also, since you've got transcode in the Video module, why not have an option
to get it to create snapshots to use as the "poster" image when browsing
videos?

Anyway, thanks for the very nice DVD/video/stereo i now have. Any help with my
problem would be much appreciated.

--
Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.