[mythtv-users] LVM & Disk Performance

Olivier obrodeur at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 17 09:38:06 EST 2003

Chris, James,

Thanks for your advice; Yes I am running my 20G 5000rpm OS drive on primary
master, and my 80G 7200rpm MythTv drive on primary slave: same  IDE channel.

I will correct the problem. James's recommendation about not using slave is
quite limiting though (unless there is something I don't understand). You
said "not using secondary (slave) IDE channel": did you mean not using slave
on any IDE channel, or not using the secondary IDE channel at all ? If I
understand this correctly, with my motherboard, this would only leaves me
with two slots for hard drive: primary master and secondary master.

I have 2 hard drive and one cd drive. I will set it up like this:

primary master: OS drive
primary slave: CD drive
secondary master: MythTv drive (single drive of a LVM group)
secondary slave: empty

Thanks;
Olivier.